Double digits! Wow!
6:00–Wake Up + Bottle
8:30-10:00– Bottle + Nap #1
1:30-3:00–Bottle + Nap #2
6:30–Bedtime Bottle + Goodnight
Feedings have stayed pretty much the same, this month too! Clara typically gets about 24-28 oz of formula each day (I thought this was low because one of the nurse practitioners told me she should get about 32 oz…but our pediatrician said that’s a great amount and she’s gaining weight well, so no need to change that). Other than that she typically gets 3 meals each day. Breakfast often consists of yogurt and some cereal (we have this cereal that pretty much looks like Cherrios but it’s made out of 3 or 4 kinds of beans!!) or some fruit or really whatever it is I’m making for myself/the kids that morning! Lunch is some fruit, some cheese, some veggie, again, whatever I can throw at her fast enough to keep her happy. At dinner I’ve basically just been feeding her off our plate. There really hasn’t been anything that she hasn’t liked or refused to eat. This is really different than the big kids when they were this age. We never sat down as a family to eat when they were this little; we always waited to eat until they went to bed….but now that we eat super early, Clara gets to join in on the dinner time action which has been great for her! Keep up the good eating, baby girl!
You know, at this point, the big kids were sleeping through the night every single night. It didn’t really matter if they were sick, or teething, they slept. I’m not sure how it happened, but it did. Of course all babies are different (as I am always having to tell myself:)) but it has been a little bit of a surprise that Clara hasn’t followed in the big kids’ footsteps since we really haven’t done anything differently. I will say that she sleeps really well for the most part. If she is healthy (no stuffy/runny noses) and she isn’t teething, she sleeps great. The good thing is that if she does wake up, often times, eventually, she’ll fall back asleep. In fact, last night she woke up, I went in and held her for a few minutes, but she seemed to want to be put down, so I laid her in her bed and watched her on the monitor…as I was watching, she stood up and peered over the side of the crib, she rolled around, she sat up and leaned against the wall of the crib and I even think she fell asleep sitting up??? She was still for so long and never moved…then eventually I looked and she had laid back down. Regardless, she is good at figuring it out! Clara does tend to cry right when we leave the room, and we are always crossing our fingers she is able to self soothe and fall asleep, but typically she does! Still taking 2 naps, though her afternoon nap is a bit more flexible now. She is usually ready for her morning nap within 2 hours of waking up, but the afternoon nap can be 3 or even 4 hours after she wakes up and she is ok. Overall, she is a good sleeper and while she may not be sleeping as well, consistently, as the big kids were at this age, I really can’t complain!
- Baby Einstein on youtube (she will only watch it, however, if she is strapped into her highchair :)) . She usually watches about 15 minutes when I am getting dinner ready, otherwise, she has no interest in TV.
- Blueberries…She gobbles those things up so fast!
- Climbing on the big kids’ soft reading chairs and falling off…no, seriously, she purposely tumbles off. She makes me so nervous. Ha!
- Tylenol. I know that sounds weird, but she actually enjoys if we give her some tylenol when her teeth are bothering her; she used to hate it!
- Tooth brushing
- Being put in her carseat. Come on girl, we just got your a deluxe new seat, start liking it!
- Getting her diaper changed.
- Baby’s first (and hopefully last) time in the back of a police car when we were in the accident
- Hair long enough for two real piggie tails
- Standing unassisted for a few seconds
Clara is seriously a joy! Always making us smile! Happy 10 months sweet girl!